Assistant Store Manager - Underwood, QLD
Ideal step for a seasoned Assistant Store Manager!
We are Best Friends Pets and since our inception in 2007, we've been doing things a little differently.
Partnered with animal shelters across Australia we encourage our customers to Think Adoption First, and provide a variety of products and services to give pets across Australia the care they need.
We have a huge range of pet accessories, food, treatments and treats as well as puppy pre-school, kitten adoption, vet clinics and even an in-house grooming salon.
Our vision is to create Australia's most loved pet care solutions and services in a company known for a culture of integrity, sharing, commitment, fun and innovation.
We are on the lookout for an exceptional Assistant Store Manager for our Underwood store! You will be dynamic, customer focused and a great leader of sales assistants who you will inspire through your proactive approach in delivering an amazing pet parent experience.......all whilst ensuring that the wellbeing of our pet customers is the priority.
We can offer you
- Training and development opportunities online and face to face nationally
- A generous team discount on products and services
- A bright environment where you get to mingle with other like-minded individuals
- The chance to be part of a business with strong values (including fun!) and a true focus on pet health & wellbeing
About the role
As Assistant Manager to our Store General Manager you will be hands on with day-to-day operations including motivating and inspiring our team, caring for animals, assisting customers and creating a positive team culture. We place a high importance on training and development, so you will be instrumental in developing our Sales Assistants, and we will be committed to developing you!
What we need from you
- Assist in driving merchandise sales performance and margin/profit return against budget and last year
- To lead/coach their team towards becoming the best Pet Advocates by providing excellent care advice to pet parents
- Drive team incentives, store promotions & in-store events
- Assist in the recruitment and induction of new team members
- Assist with roster development
- Assist in successful execution of Puppy pre-school and continual training of Puppy pre-school instructors
With at least 3 years of Retail Management experience, you'll be ready to step up to the plate and turn your hand to any task that is needed. You will be confident in supervising other team members and have a positive, bubbly personality. A passion for pets is essential.
Does this sound like you? APPLY Now for an opportunity to join our team!